Forums Home Business Internet Business

Curious about Marketing through facebook

Curious about Marketing through facebook

Postby vanloan79 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

I've been using facebook for several months to market my website http://www.horseshoecorner.com and it seems to be going very well. Since I don't have any experience with this I'm wondering if I'm doing as well as I think it's doing.

My numbers are jumping a lot. Last week I had approx 400 members, with approx 10,000 post views. The previous week was approx 8000 post views, and I'm not sure the number of members at that time, but it was significantly less.
vanloan79

Re: Curious about Marketing through facebook

Postby Diane Kennedy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I think those views are great Vanloan! Can you tell if they are converting to sales? Do you have a way of capturing the leads by offering them a special report or something so they sign in? If you do that you can build a marketing funnel.

I'm going to be doing a teleseminar in April with a Social Media expert and he's going to talk about how to turn those views into sales, which I think will be definitely something that is right up your alley.
Diane Kennedy

Postby vanloan79 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks Diane. I have converted some of the increased traffic into sales, but not as much as I'd like. Do we ever? The traffic has had another benefit as it's helped my members sell their items. I'll post items from our horses for sale, classified ads, product reviews, etc on our facebook page. The extra exposure helps them boost sales and I don't believe it hurts the website, since it's unorganized. I'm basically using it to pull in window shoppers.
vanloan79

Postby jeevanswaraaj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 am

Facebook is one of the best social media that is helpful to promote your business. I would like to say that do not stick only with facebook, keep doing seo optimization to your website and also promote your business in linked in and twitter. Remember that most of the fb active users are youngsters and teenagers, In fact, 61% of users are aged 35 and above. So, make sure to communicate the right way in the right age group.
jeevanswaraaj

Topic Tools